As a part of my learning to program for Android Platform there were several lessons, learning and unlearning that I had to go through. I want to share the same. I wish this would become an interactive session where collectively we can enrich our knowledge
Here are some of the points which we can discuss in detail at BCB9
1. Android is MVC
Activity is a view
Data in application context or other places is a Model
2. You task can be destroyed anytime
3. User interface design is of utmost importance
4. Make interface simple
5. Make use of efficient list views
6. Customer support and License agreements are important
7. Orientation change happens often than you can imagine.
8. Target different screen orientation and resolutions
9. Release fast, updated faster
10. Remember to clear your temporary files
11. Save data to SD Card when possible
12. AbsoluteLayout is bad.
13. Use density-independent pixels, which define pixels so they scale across screens with different densities.